- Population: 693
- Renowned worldwide for its importance with the East Coast shipping industry Georgetown offers a unique opportunity to view the first harbour to ever be built on the Eastern Seaboard
- Georgetown is home to the Atlantic Welding and Fabrication Centre (AWFC – sector of Holland College), offering full-time and customized training programs for individuals preparing for a career, or who are currently involved in welding, plumbing, steam fitting, pipe fitting, and/or commercial diving.
- Kings County Memorial Hospital is located in Montague, which is just 15 Km outside of Georgetown
- Georgetown is well known for the A.A. MacDonald Memorial Park, which is the largest garden in Prince Edward Island. It commemorates one of Canada’s fathers of Confederation: Andrew Archibald MacDonald.
- In 2015 Georgetown was nominated as one of Canada’s great places